What We Believe
1. We believe in the verbal inspiration of the Scriptures and the authority of both the Old
and New Testaments.
2. We believe man was created in the image of God, through disobedience man sinned
and fell, and that the entire human race shares in man’s lost and depraved nature.
3. We believe Jesus, the Eternal Son of God, took upon Himself the form of a man by
means of the virgin birth. Atonement for sin was made by the sacrificial death of Jesus
4. We believe salvation is the gift of God by grace alone and received by personal faith in
the Lord Jesus Christ, and that this faith is manifested in works pleasing God.
5. We believe in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into
heaven, and His priestly intercession.
6. We believe the Holy Spirit is the Promise of the Father, our Comforter, sent to convict
the world of sin, who places the believer in the Body of Christ, indwells the believer, and
bestows spiritual gifts to the church.
7. We believe the baptism of the Holy Spirit is for all believers as a definite endowment of
power for service and is subsequent to, and separate from conversion.
8. We believe that the ordinances of the church, by the command of Christ, are water
baptism by immersion, and the Lord’s Supper, both of which are administered to those
who are born again.
9. We believe in the eternal salvation of the believers and in the eternal damnation and
punishment of non-believers.
10. We believe that the consummation of all things includes the visible, personal and
glorious return of Jesus Christ, the “Blessed Hope” of the church.